[seqfan] Re: Interesting discovery by Dan Preston concerning a Recaman-like sequence

Hans Havermann gladhobo at bell.net
Tue May 7 10:31:16 CEST 2019

I've made good progress in the six (or so) weeks since I started tackling A228474. I'm down to six unresolved "sharp peaks" and six unresolved "high plateaus" for indices up to one million. In particular, I've just finished a cluster of terms from 847749 to 847864 that are each greater than 738 billion. A detailed visualization of the environment (running from 846947 to 848253) is here:

http://chesswanks.com/num/a228474plateaus.png

Note the as yet unresolved spike at 847869.