[seqfan] polyotessamino defn in A059573

Richard J. Mathar mathar at mpia-hd.mpg.de
Wed May 8 14:06:22 CEST 2019

In A059573 there is a claim that the 5 tetrominoes can be
filled in T(4,2)=8 ways "as completely as possible" with 1x2
dominoes. How is this count of 8 obtained? I may get 9
configurations if I allow some of the tilings to be incomplete,
using D for a square covered by a domino and o for a free square:

1 count for the block 4-omino:
DD
DD

2 ways (one incomplete) for the L shaped:

DDD

DDo

2 ways (one incomplete) for the I-shaped:

oDDo

DDDD

2 ways (one incomplete) for the N-shaped:

DD
 DD

oD
 Do

2 ways (both incomplete) for the T-shaped:

DD

Do

Richard Mathar