[seqfan] Re: Possible other integer sequences for Šindel sequences?

Frank Adams-watters franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Sep 20 10:30:11 CEST 2019

I'm wondering about precedence here. Most of the documents on line that I've been able to find referring to primitive Šindel sequences (as these are known in the literature), I have not been able to find a date for. The ones I have seen are dated later than my contributions, although in one case only by 4 months. In the unlikely event that my contributions precede any reference to such sequences, I'm wondering if I can claim precedence for them. (The basic Šindel sequence, the one used for the actual clock, of course goes back much further.)

To generalize this question: Does adding a sequence to the OEIS with appropriate discussion constitute publication?

If it does (or should), how do we convince the mathematical community? (Assuming they are not already convinced.)

Franklin T. Adams-Watters