[seqfan] Re: Anyone have a 3-D "Ulam" spiral?

Jan Ritsema van Eck j.ritsemavaneck at planet.nl
Wed Apr 28 08:01:07 CEST 2021

If a double spiral is allowed, you can do without the diagonal step. The first branche goes to the top face, the second one to the bottom face, and then they spiral towards each other in the way described by Kevin. They meet in the middle, at the centres of two opposing side faces. They move out one step and fill the next shell in similar fashion, continuing the same movement and "spiralling in" to the centres of the top and bottom faces.

Jan