[seqfan] Mystery of A049476

Sean A. Irvine sairvin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 23:14:03 CEST 2021

Can anyone understand what is going on in A049476 and A049478 ?

I have tried a couple of interpretations, but have been unable to make
these work. For A049476, I get quite close by looking at the largest
difference between any pair of adjacent elements in each row of A088643.

Also, A049477 looks like it should be A049478(n)-A049476(n) (and indeed it
used to be defined that way). The current name seems to refer to completely
unrelated sequences. This problem will be easy to correct, but it would be
nice to have a clearer explanation of A049476 first.

https://oeis.org/A049476
https://oeis.org/A049477
https://oeis.org/A049478
https://oeis.org/A088643