[seqfan] Re: Mystery of A049476

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 03:19:52 CEST 2021

Sean,  I have quite a lot of information about the paper F. W. Roush and D.
G. Rogers, A prime algorithm?, preprint, 1999. I did have a copy at one
point, but it is not in my folder of Rogers's papers.

My first suggestion would be to make a triangle out of Zumkeller's b-file
for A088643, and see if the terms of A049476 somehow match the rows - or
pick out rows with some special feature.  (I assume you did that, but did
you remember that "gap" can mean different things to different people? The
gap between 7 and 9 can be 1 or 2, depending on your definition.

I have lost track of D G Rogers, who never seemed to have a really
permanent address.
But his coauthor Fred. W. Roush might be easier to track down.  Maybe he
still has a copy??

I have a lot more info about the paper in question, but I cannot put it on
record here.

Best regards
Neil

Neil J. A. Sloane, Chairman, OEIS Foundation.
Email: njasloane at gmail.com