[seqfan] Re: Mystery of A049476

D. S. McNeil dsm054 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:33:23 CEST 2021

I had a quick look and bounced too.

If I take "initial" seriously, as row[2] - row[1], it doesn't work.  If I
take it as the initial _prefix_ of the gap length vectors, too many new
numbers come in.  If I treat 'initial' as 'first occurrence of the next
maximal gap size', then as you find it's closer but still different.  Got
nowhere with the idea that the gap length was to be treated as signed
either.

Same with involving the locations of the maximal value in the gap vector,
or the count of them, and even out of desperation introducing some kind of
weighted value didn't help.

It's a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Doug