[seqfan] Re: searching on oeis.org for sequences with partial information

Peter Munn techsubs at pearceneptune.co.uk
Thu Feb 25 16:59:45 CET 2021

It occurs to me that a new OEIS search option that would help here is
results sorting by _data_. Would this be a big job? It would be far more
widely accessible than custom processing of stripped.gz. I would
frequently find such an option helpful in cases where I get many results,
but only a few match at the start of the sequence (since these matches
would be clustered in the list).

Best regards,

Peter

On Tue, February 16, 2021 8:39 pm, Charles Greathouse wrote:
> For the original question, I don't know of better approaches than (1)
> using
> stripped.gz to restrict matches to the beginning, optionally skipping the
> first term, and (2) finding relationships manually (dividing out factors,
> etc.).
>
> With the first three terms I wouldn't have found anything, but with the
> fourth I found
> A203478(n) = A028362(n+1) * 2^(n*(n-1)/2)
> which may be relevant to you.
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 1:28 AM andre maute <andre.maute at gmx.de> wrote:
>> FYI, i have now the fourth term of this sequence
[...]