[seqfan] Re: -5 is not a prime

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Sun Jan 3 20:38:52 CET 2021

> (it has led people to make mistakes in sequences)

It's certainly critical to avoid errors, so I am most curious what sorts of mistakes these have been?

 I can imagine several possibilities (eg inconsistent values, buggy code, etc).  It'd be nice to have specific examples to consider.

Perhaps that could suggest what might be the best course of action, from the perspective of what's best for the OEIS?

Rather than arguing definitions, it might be easier to simply adopt an editorial policy that if a technically nuanced interpretation of the word prime is material, that it would be a kindness to somehow mention that explicitly in the packaging?

Happy 43 * 47!

Warning! Prime ingredients may include eggs, milk, wheat, tree nuts, red dye #2, phenylalanine and values other than counting numbers greater than one.