[seqfan] Re: -5 is not a prime

Ami Eldar amiram.eldar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 21:00:20 CET 2021

To answer Marc's question:

I don't remember in what specific sequences I saw such problems, but here
is something that I have just made up:

Primes of the form k^2-40*k+369.

Using pari:
for(k=1,39,if(isprime(k^2-40*k+369),print1(k,", ")))
we will get 2, 8, 14, 26, 32, 38
and using Mathematica:
For[k = 1, k < 40, k++, If[PrimeQ[k^2-40*k+369], Print[k]]]
we will get almost the same terms, 2, 8, 14, 20, 26, 32, 38 - but there is
one extra term...

Best,
Amiram