[seqfan] Re: searching on oeis.org for sequences with partial information

andre maute andre.maute at gmx.de
Mon Mar 8 15:51:05 CET 2021

On 3/8/21 6:41 AM, Hugo Pfoertner wrote:
>   Then please submit your results as a new sequence instead of spoiling the
> suggestions of some of the most experienced people on the OEIS staff.  It
> seems that you don't want any good advice at all, you just want to promote
> your ongoing investigation.

Charles Greathouse's answer was a helpful and great answer.
This sparked my decision for more than 3 weeks
of nonstop calculations on my desktop computer.
So it was an obligation for me to give an update here.

Searching for neighbour sequences e.g. was not.
Killing common factors and removing some sequence members
didn't work for me either. I did that quite for a while.

> It would have been much more useful if you had
> provided more information on this " A(d) somehow counts the number of ways
> to reconnect the d-simplices of a particular dissected d-hypercube"

At the moment, I dont have a texed definition of my problem.
My C++-Code is quite big, even the definition of the hypercube dissection.
Hugo, wouldn't that be a potential trap for me to possibly trigger/force you
to "proofread" my program, if I posted it here prematurely?

> than to pretend that all the people who have advised you are ignorant people.

Hugo, could you please tell me were I said something like that?
If in any case I did that, I would like to honestly apologize me here.
I am withdrawing from this discussion now to prevent further ad hominem arguments.

Hugo, I would like to say sorry if I misread and ignored your A203478 sequence hint.

Andre