[seqfan] Re: Number of orders of distances to vertices of n-dimensional cube

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Wed Nov 16 05:42:22 CET 2022

On Tuesday, 15 November 2022 09:08:44 EST Max Alekseyev wrote:
> This sequence is clearly missing in the OEIS - please add it.
>
> I don't have an answer to "how to compute hyperplane arrangements" as my
> code relies on the existing functionality in Sage.
> To get some insight you may check Sage documentation at
> https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/discrete_geometry/sage/geometry/h
> yperplane_arrangement/arrangement.html

I couldn't figure out how to compute them from this page, but I thought of
another way to do it. I can take n-tuples from a low-discrepancy sequence and
sort them, then sort their subset sums, and see how many different orders I
get. I think I'll do this in a couple of weeks. I'm not convinced that the
hyperplane arrangement number is the same as my sequence, but I know that I
can count orders directly, using symmetry.

Pierre

--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.