[seqfan] Re: Tiling binary numbers = A125121?

hv at crypt.org hv at crypt.org
Sat Apr 15 16:03:12 CEST 2023

I believe we're talking about tiling the integers from -inf to +inf.
The original "100011" example does not tile Z+, but does tile Z.

The "tile" is a template which "covers" the places where there is
a 1 in the binary expansion, and does not cover where there is a 0.
Placed at any integer position n, the "100011" tile covers n, n+4, n+5.

Hugo

"M. F. Hasler" <oeis at hasler.fr> wrote:
:It's not completely clear to me what you mean by tiling. Do you mean that
:you can get "all 1's" in binary from copies of the number n
:shifted to the left such that the copies do not have overlapping 1's ?
:As for 5 = 101,
:101 + 1010 + 101 0000 + 1010 0000 + ... ?
: