[seqfan] Large English integer names: Mathematica vs. num2words

Hans Havermann gladhobo at bell.net
Tue Apr 25 00:52:46 CEST 2023

Michael Branicky and I have just been discussing this because I had found some issues in one of his OEIS b-files. He had used the Python script "num2words" and when I compared the Mathematica vs. the num2words 10^3n names, I found 22 discrepancies up to 10^303. Here they are (power of ten, first word is Mathematica, second is num2words):

54, septendecillion, septdecillion
84, septenvigintillion, septvigintillion
102, trestrigintillion, tretrigintillion
114, septrigintillion, septtrigintillion
132, tresquadragintillion, trequadragintillion
144, septenquadragintillion, septquadragintillion
162, tresquinquagintillion, trequinquagintillion
174, septenquinquagintillion, septquinquagintillion
201, sesexagintillion, sexsexagintillion
204, septensexagintillion, septsexagintillion
231, seseptuagintillion, sexseptuagintillion
234, septenseptuagintillion, septseptuagintillion
252, tresoctogintillion, treoctogintillion
258, quintoctogintillion, quinoctogintillion
264, septenoctogintillion, septoctogintillion
267, octoctogintillion, octooctogintillion
270, novoctogintillion, novemoctogintillion
276, unonagintillion, unnonagintillion
288, quinonagintillion, quinnonagintillion
291, senonagintillion, sexnonagintillion
294, septenonagintillion, septnonagintillion
300, novenonagintillion, novemnonagintillion

Of course I'm going with the Mathematica versions as being the correct ones. Maybe Python users can request a fix.