[seqfan] Re: Large English integer names: Mathematica vs. num2words

Allan Wechsler acwacw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 01:13:08 CEST 2023

The point is that *none* of these words is "correct". They are so rare that
there has been almost no social pressure to form a consensus. The "Book of
Numbers" table was an attempt to form a consensus, but its recommendations
still have lots of competition and at the moment there is no principled way
to select from the available options. It's often a matter of personal
esthetics. But the principled will avoid the illusion that these are
questions with objectively right answers.