[seqfan] Re: Sequences of real numbers

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Wed Dec 27 17:46:09 CET 2023

I think we can get a good idea of how useful (i.e., useless) such a table
is,
from the fact that nobody, not even the authors, ever looked at that table
(row n = digits of sqrt(n)), since it was added over 20 years ago.
and this is certainly one of the most natural, simplest and least contrived
tables of that kind of table one can imagine.

It is nearly impossible to search for one of the subsequences of such a
table. (Many years ago I have created a form that allows to search for such
tables/matrices/ triangles, but I think it's no more available due to the
reformed web site of our university... And anyways, unless OEIS would
provide a prominently visible link to such a form on each search page, it
is of not much help for the average reader.

So I would strongly suggest to submit the constants (if they are of general
interest) as individual 'cons' sequences.

- Maximilian