[seqfan] David Seal

Ali Sada pemd70 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 18:17:06 CET 2023

Hi everyone,
I sent an email to David Seal asking about him because he wasn't interacting with the SeqFan list. Unfortunately, I got the response below from his brother.
Best,
Ali

Sadly, I am not David but David's brother Chris.  I'm sorry to have to tell you that David died at the end of 2021 - quite suddenly and unexpectedly from an undiagnosed abdominal cancer that hadn't shown any major symptoms until very late.

We set up a memorial webpage for him - which is at https://davidseal.muchloved.com/.  I don't know if you're in contact with other fellow mathematicians that would have known David well, but if you can let people know that would be lovely.  There's also another obituary online for him from his former employer.