[seqfan] Re: Alien Coding article

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 20:12:00 CET 2023

I looked at the Alien Coding article on the arXiv that I mentioned here
yesterday.  It looks to me - after a quick read - that they are still
getting their sequence-guessing algorithm working, and that they can
successfully predict how tens of thousands of sequences will grow just by
looking at the DATA lines.  I did not see any statements like "we found
formulas that appear to generate 25 sequences for which no formula was
presently known".  I suppose that will be the next stage in the project.

Best regards
Neil

Neil J. A. Sloane, Chairman, OEIS Foundation.
Also Visiting Scientist, Math. Dept., Rutgers University,
Email: njasloane at gmail.com