[seqfan] Re: connectedness systems: the conjecture about A072447

Christian Sievers seqfan at duvers.de
Sun Oct 22 03:12:26 CEST 2023

Hello!

On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 03:36:04PM -0400, Neil Sloane wrote:
> Christian, Thank you for that comment!   I think the best way to handle
> this is to change the definition to what you suggest, and to add a text

I'm not sure that is the best way to proceed.
It would introduce a third style of definition for these type of
sequences. In my other mail I suggested to change them all to
"Number of ... connectedness systems ...".

This formulation was not meant as a suggestion for the definition,
it was only given for the comparision with the conjecture to refute
(I guess that is the word I wanted when I wrote "reject") it.

I also don't like that it needs a special case for n=1.

OTOH, the crossref section of A326868 calls this sequence "[t]he case
without singletons".

> file containing your email (slightly edited) as a comment.  I will try this

The linked text file contains something completely different.

All the best
Christian