[seqfan] Re: OEIS Frontend Redesign

Peter Luschny peter.luschny at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 21:21:53 CET 2024

Hi Alexander & Tom!

I like your design very much! I immediately made it the default
interface for my mini-tabl-db.

Just this week, I had a severe user complaint that some pages
had become unusable for quick use. This is especially true
for the large pages. If you just want to take a quick look at
the formulas, you must first scroll through miles of references
and links until you get there. Annoying.

Unfortunately, this problem is not addressed by your design (yet?).
A quick first step could be to let the length of the text decide
whether the details of the individual sections (disclosure
widgets) are displayed open or closed when loading.

I hope that you find many collaborators for your beautiful project.

Regards
Peter Luschny

An entry point to the tabl-db which links to your design is here:
https://luschny.de/math/oeis/Abel.html