from Gordon Royle

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Thu Nov 7 03:15:11 CET 2002

(me too; I now mail from mlb at fxpt.com more frequently than mlb at well.com)

 > I would vote that we go with the simplest idea of all.
 > Just make each address into a GIF/PNG and display it on the page.

An even simpler idea (which I suggested to NJAS) is to just make a GIF for
the @ character (and maybe the . char).

That way

   the OEIS only needs to store a single GIF or two (instead of one for
each address)

   it's almost as simple for a program to insert references to the graphics
files into the HTML as it is to substitute the strings "_AT_" and "_DOT_"

   it's a lot more readable

This breaks cut-n-paste and MailTo:, but maybe some kind of script could
help there...