Sequence for rigged voting machine

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 14:31:23 CET 2005

More a math-fun question than a seqfan question, but...

Kerry can never win.  Votes for either Bush or Nader increases the
Bush lead over Kerry, and while a vote for Kerry can decrease the
lead by 1, then next vote for Kerry will wipe out that gain.

Nader could conceivably win.  For every 7 consecutive votes for
Nader, 6 go to Nader and 1 to Bush.  This reduces the Bush lead
over Nader by 5 votes.