Demotion of Pluto as a planet

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 16:05:47 CEST 2006

Brendan McKay wrote:

>It is supposed to a mnemonic for the new sequence of planets,
>but it isn't. It's a mnemonic for the old sequence. It is not
>self-referential at all but rather self-contradictory.

Okay, self-contradictory then. What actually the mnemonic sequence like
"My! Very educated morons just snubbed unfortunate ninth planet" (*)
effectively says, if you know the context, is that
"the last element of this sequence does not belong to this sequence".
So maybe we get ideas for integer sequences, after all!
(or at least for some Cretan/Russelian/Gödelian paradoxes.)

(*): a hybrid of Josh Mishell's and Dave Child's solutions, that I would
like the best.

-- Antti, my last post on this subject, hopefully.