Gordian Knot

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 01:19:34 CET 2006

Dear Frank,

Up until the surprising answer to Hilbert's 10th problem, exhibiting a
specific Diophantine Equation such that no Turing machine could tell if
there was or was not a solution, the intuitionists had the upper hand.  The
current issue of Notices of the AMS is a special issue on Turing whwich led
me to my rather ill-formed problem.  If it is a knot problem at all, and not
a notknot--problem.