a MUCH better photo of the icosahedron

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 18 00:37:04 CET 2006

* Gerald McGarvey <Gerald.McGarvey at comcast.net> [061218 09:17]:
> My take on this...
>
> That they are at least read left to right is indicated by 1 being to the
> left of the zero in the representation of 10.

No, that could be due to them writing numbers in little-ending order
rather than big-endian order.

My "proof" that the order really is left to right is that telephone
numbers are written that way.  Of course telephone numbers must be
entered in a particular order--backwards won't do.  In Arab countries
and Iran, telephone numbers are written left to right.

Thanks for the interesting links.

Brendan.