request for advice

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 14 21:04:11 CET 2006

I have an idea of how to have the rating of sequences will less work in
the end for OEIS staff.
(And with the sequences rated, one could exclude from a search all
sequences, on a scale of 1 to 5, say, all sequences with ratings 1 or 2.
I suggest that there be an option for including as-yet-unrated sequences
in a search too, if the searcher so desires.)

Give all trusted users/submitters of the OEIS, probably those that make
up seq.fan, each a different password, or let the passworded people make
up their own passwords.

Then, after logging on with our password to the feedback page, we could
then rate any particular sequence.

And here is an important point: If a trusted rater becomes untrusted (ie.
submits spam sequences, gets disgruntled, abuses her/his rating
privileges, etc), then her/his password could at that time cease to work.

Now this plan would take some effort to set up, but the actual rating
could be done by the seq.fan masses, hopefully thereafter reducing
workload.

Just throwin' out an idea,
thanks,
Leroy Quet