A050259 and a new solution to 2^n = 3 (mod n)

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 21:34:20 CET 2006

Is this a hierarchy of fame, or a graph, or directed graph, or a lattice, or
what? What percentage of "nice" sequences are referenced in each successive
edition of UPINT (Unsolved problems in Number Theory)? How many OEIS seqs
per edition of UPINT, now that the two are more tightly interlinked? What
estimates does one make to extrapolate for future editions? Should there be
a "very nice" keyword for seqs that pose problems in UPINT, when they get
solved in later editions?

Only hypothetical for me, as I've had over 1400 seqs in OEIS and not one is
yet "nice", although some are comments on "nice" seqs. So if there is a
hierarchy of fame, I'm just above the lowest  level (or highest, depending
on indexing) in quality, which is most assuredly not correlated well with
quantity.  In Science Fiction, for instance, there are indeed a hierarchies
of fame, based on awards (Hugo, Nebula), coauthorships, pay, anthologies,
and the like.  I'm also just somewhat above the bottom, in part for my
coauthorships with Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke, and Heinlein.  I've done
research on Asimov Number as the Science Fiction equivalent of Erdos Number,
but that's another story.

By the way, I have the penultimate edition (so far) of UPINT as a gift from
the wonderful Tony Noe, when he bought the ultimate edition (so far). I echo
the applause by njas for all the hundreds of errors in OEIS found and
corrected by Tony, and the many many b-files.

Best,

Jonathan Vos Post