"The Principle of Shrinkage"

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 02:22:34 CEST 2006

Coincidently, I am writing a paper which starts with some Spencer-Brown
notions, in this case "imaginary truth values."  His work is fascinating,
and many have extended and interpreted his work in different ways, with
mixed success. Another motivation of the paper I abstract below is
explaining the deeper structure of many OEIS sequences involving
concatenation of digit strings, and digital reversal, the latter
generalizing to adjoint operators which reverse the order of multiplication
of products (abc...xyz)* = z* y* x* ... c* b* a*. Spencer-Brown ideas are
often philosophically profound, but hard to apply rigorously.

Star-Algebras of Imaginary Boolean Strings Closed
under Add-without-carry, Convolution, Complex
Conjugation, and Reversal of Finite and Infinite
Sequences

Jonathan Vos Post
Version 3.0 of 13 September 2006
19 pages, 5200 words, corrects typos in 1.0 and 2.0,
adds base-3 data and nth root of NOT, some additional