SeqFan Withdrawal.

Hugo Pfoertner all at abouthugo.de
Tue Jan 9 18:57:13 CET 2007

SeqFans, Antti,

although I regret your decision to abandon the SeqFan community, my
observations on the continuously decreasing signal/noise ratio in the
discussion group during the last few months agree with your's to a large
extent. Currently my way to handle this situation is to put the few top
"noise producers" on a killfile. This reduces the traffic by 80-90% and
leaves the more useful contributions of the big majority of participants
in this group unimpaired.

I can't understand why some members of this group seem to be unwilling
to adhere to the wise rules given by our list owner Olivier Gerard, last
time posted in "Re: Fwd: Phase Space "Christmas Tree"", dated Wed, 27
Dec 2006 20:15:32 +0100.

The rules start:
A few basic rules to keep the traffic low and the comfort high:

  - no more than three messages by the same person by day
  - no more than one message by the same person by hour

Why not exclude those not adhering to this policy from the list, at
least temporarily, to give them a chance to "cool down"?

Regards

Hugo Pfoertner