First 11 values of A121387 coincide with apparently unrelated new seq

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sat Jun 23 05:23:29 CEST 2007

There aren't any triple solutions.

This gets a bit deeper into the number theory, but in general the
number of solutions is 2^(omega(n)-1), where omega(n) is the number of
distinct prime divisors of n (all of which are = 1 (mod 4)). So, for a
semiprime, there are always exactly two solutions, except in the case
of p^2, where there is only one.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters