[seqfan] Re: Rant on Maple code

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 06:29:07 CEST 2009

> "This is what I view the OEIS as - it's a place where people find out
> things
> that they wouldn't have realized. For those where mathematics is their
> profession, it leads to more publications. For others, it may simply make
> their day easier.
>
> [paul]
>
> Paul Raff
> Graduate Assistant - Monitoring Message Streams
> Rutgers University
> http://math.rutgers.edu/~praff
> "

I totally agree with that sentiment. At least for Mathematica and I, it has
been very educational for me to see how the same calculations can be
accomplished in different ways. As long as all the programs given are
correct and don't take an excessive amount of time to run (or even if they
do but they have a warning to that effect) there's great value to having
multiple programs even for a single CAS.

Al