[seqfan] Re: moving to wiki

David Wilson dwilson at gambitcomm.com
Wed Aug 26 23:01:00 CEST 2009

With Wikipedia in mind, I had serious misgivings about the OEIS Wiki.
But these last few messages have warmed me up to the idea considerably.
With editorial gate on submissions and modification tracking, this is
beginning to look like an bona fide editorial review process. If we
editors earn our stripes, maybe NJAS will feel more comfortable with
offloading his traditional OEIS chores on us.

My primary concerns now would be (1) Volume of submissions swamping the
editors (2) Degradation of lookup (3) Whole database access, e.g, for
wide-scope quality checks, conversion to printed form, etc (4) Older
database references already in the literature. But still, I'm liking the
idea better all the time.