[seqfan] Re: On Formulas

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Thu Dec 3 21:22:30 CET 2009

Yes, the reason I'm bringing this up now, and didn't previously, is
precisely because it isn't practical with the current system, but is
with Wiki.

We need to be sure that we don't lock the format in too tightly.  In
particular, there often are multiple formulas of each type, and
certainly not all types need be present.

(One other problem with Maximilian's suggestion is that recursive
formulas are not always best written as "a(n+1) = ..."; sometimes "a(n)
= ..." is more convenient.)

One more type, that I omitted, is transforms.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters