[seqfan] Re: Semiprimes n such that n divides Fibonacci number F(n-1).

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Fri Dec 10 16:23:45 CET 2010

>="Charles Greathouse" <charles.greathouse at case.edu>
>
>>="Jonathan Post" <jvospost3 at gmail.com>
>> k-almost primes (I believe that njas hates that terminology)
>
> I don't myself like the term but don't have a good replacement.  What
> other terms are used?  I've occasionally seen k-primes (which mirrors
> the 'alternate' terms biprime, triprime, etc.).  Anything else?

Perhaps "Omega-subprime" for specific big-Omega, and "subprime" generically.
Every number is O-subprime for some big-O (including 1, where O=0): A001222.

Of course while arguably less less is more here, great care is still needed
in applications--such as real-estate finance, witness subprime mortgages...