[seqfan] Re: mess and confusion

T. D. Noe noe at sspectra.com
Tue Mar 30 20:38:01 CEST 2010

At 11:00 AM -0700 3/30/10, Vladimir Orlovsky wrote:
>Laitely, I see so much activity; delete, change, edit, remove...etc.etc.
>Too me, it will create lots of mess and confusion..

I think we should all try to generate light instead of heat.

With nearly 200000 sequences, OEIS is an impressive achievement for Neil
Sloane and all those who have contributed.  It is not perfect, but it
improves with age.

To find out why a sequence has been deleted, see the dexhis file:
http://www.research.att.com/njas/sequences/dexhis.txt

Searching for A152625, we find
A152625 (Gerasimov) rifo A144565

which means A152625 was "retired in favor of" A144565.

Best regards,

Tony