[seqfan] Contest winners, Baltimore show

T. D. Noe noe at sspectra.com
Mon Jan 20 21:14:34 CET 2014

Charles Greathouse and I exhibited OEIS at the AMS/MAA meeting in Baltimore
last week for 24 hours over 4 days.  We had a much better location than
last year and enjoyed fairly high traffic.  The conference was attended by
over 6000 mathematicians from all over the world.

Nearly 500 of the OEIS USB keys were distributed -- our supply lasted until
the last 20 minutes of the show.  We also distributed the OEIS postcard --
which was also a hit.

Like last year, we had a contest for the best three new sequences.  We had
29 very good entries, which I reduced to 10 (otherwise the show attendees
would have been overwhelmed).  The winners, selected by show attendees, are
Robert C. Lyons (A235383), Jack Grahl (A229037), and M. F. Hasler
(A235265).  They will receive a signed (used) copy of Neil Sloane's 1973
book "A Handbook of Integer Sequences".  Charles Greathouse and I think all
29 entries should receive the "nice" keyword.

I made copies of the voting sheets, if anyone wants to see them.  I also
have a picture of the booth that I can send.

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a sequence,

Tony