[seqfan] Re: A236019

Kimberling, Clark ck6 at evansville.edu
Sat Jan 18 22:37:22 CET 2014

Just a matter of idle curiosity - quite often we see "smallest" instead of "least".  Since they refer to the relation named "less than", why is "least" not standard?  There's probably a reason for "smaller" - can someone explain?  Maybe, somewhere, "<" is called "smaller than"?  (Of course, we also see "largest" instead of "greatest", referring to the relation > usually called "greater than".)

Thanks,
Clark