[seqfan] Re: How to calculate oblong root?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:03:37 CEST 2015

> any x that satisfies
floor(oblongroot(n)) < x < ceil(oblongroot(n))
will also satisfy the definition of oblongroot(n).

I would not want that. I would expect oblongroot to behave like sqrt in
some ways, such as having a more or less continuous graph for positive
numbers, and maybe requiring imaginary numbers to deal with negative
numbers.

Al