[seqfan] Re: Iterating some number-theoretic functions

Hugo Pfoertner yae9911 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 19:02:10 CEST 2017

I have run some computations for problem (c). Results can be seen in
https://oeis.org/A289997 and https://oeis.org/A290001

The iteration will not start for those k, where already the first sum is
odd, and that is for k=n^2 or k=2*n^2
https://oeis.org/A028982

There are some long trajectories, for which I stopped the search when the
sum exceeded
my table of 10^6 terms of sigma(n) and phi(n). Examples are the start values
270, 290, 308,  326, 327, 328, 352, 369, 390, 393-396, ..., 570, 572, and
many more

Hugo Pfoertner