[seqfan] Re: Style Guide: "Complement of ..."?

Frank Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Feb 12 06:35:47 CET 2018

My 2 cents worth: it depends on the sequences. If one is a long-established sequence, and the other is new or relatively new., probably only the newer one should have the other in its name. If the sequences are added at about the same time, putting it in both makes sense.

Regardless, the sequences should cross-reference each other. Any other sequence referenced elsewhere in a sequence should also be in the cross-refs (this rule is not always observed).

Franklin T. Adams-Watters