smallest all-semiprime magic square

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 09:46:01 CET 2006

Dear Frank,

It does look as if I imposed an extra constraint on constructing semiprime
magic squares. Interesting that it did not overconstrain and prevent
solution.

So now we have five open problems:

(1) How many different semiprime nxn magic squares are there with maximum
element < k;

(2) What is the sequence of row sums (magic numbers) of my semiprime magic
squares whose elements are in arithmetic sequence;

(3) Tony Noe's question: what is the smallest nxn semiprime magic square
where all elements are relatively prime;

(4) My modification of the previous: what is the smallest nxn semiprime
magic square where all elements in the same row, column, or diagonal are
relatively prime;

(5) Dr. Geoffrey Landis' question: what is the smallest semiprime magic
square whose magic number is semiprime?

Making a simple problem hard seems to be one of my specialties;)

Happy holidays,

Jonathan Vos Post