[seqfan] Re: Referencing the OEIS

Leroy Quet q1qq2qqq3qqqq at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 17:02:56 CET 2008

I agree with Tanya.
Perhaps, in my opinion, the word "author" should be replaced with "submitter" in sequence entries.
Also, if a submitter knows they are not the author of a sequence, it would be a good idea to include the real author (if he/she is known) in a comment/reference in the sequence entry.
(I would propose that the comment/reference isn't enough, and that "author" should be replaced with "submitter" too -- if for no other reason because many times we submitters submit sequences that have been invented by someone else before us, but we are not aware of the previous authorship of the sequences.)

Thanks,
Leroy Quet