[seqfan] Re: moving to wiki
dwilson at gambitcomm.com
Thu Aug 27 15:40:31 CEST 2009
One really nice feature of a wiki is discussion pages. Specifically, we
could allocate an area for proposing and discussing new OEIS projects.
I'm sure we could propose many improvements. For a start:
- Math expression standardization/editing/rendering.
- Automated submission standards checking.
- Redundancy elimination. e.g, create b-files for all sequences, and use
the b-file as sequence source, and generating the %STUO lines and list
view from the b-file.
- Or, dare we say it, put the database in a database.
- Independent Wiki pages for terminology, extended comments, etc.
Lots of ideas to explore.
Douglas McNeil wrote:
> One thing which would be very nice from my perspective, and would be a
> perfect collaborative project, is an OEIS style guide. Diversity has its
> advantages, and some is unavoidable, but the following is a little much:
> [Tons of different sum expressions elided]
More information about the SeqFan